WayPoint Academy believes that information is key to understanding and properly treating adolescent anxiety disorders. These resources are offered to provide insight and hope for parents struggling with anxiety issues in their families.
- Treating a 17-year-old with Moderate to Severe Anxiety Disorder— Journal of Therapeutic Schools & Programs, 2015 — by Jared Balmer, Ph.D.
- The Perfect Storm—A whitepaper on anxiety and depression in adolescents, by Jared Balmer, Ph.D. and Mike Bulloch, L.C.S.W.
- A Better Way to Treat Anxiety—An insightful Wall Street Journal article on effectively treating adolescent anxiety.
- “When the Moon Hits Your Eyes Like a Great Pizza Pie, That’s Amore” Placing the right child in the right facility for the right reason—by Jared U. Balmer, Ph.D.
- Glossary for Anxiety-Related Assessment and Treatment— A glossary of terms to familiarize yourself with anxiety-related terms and language.
- The Case for Specific Treatment Techniques and Treatment Environment in the Treatment of Anxiety Disorders— by Jared Balmer, Ph.D
- Many boys avoid the sources of their anxiety. Role models are pushing them to face their fears— by Matthew Piper and Lois M. Collins
- How to help your anxious boy— by Lois M. Collins